Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Paws, Cookies, and Quacks


Well, I injured my back left paw, so I was out of commission for a couple of days. Let's just say that fur and sticky foreign substances that resemble tar do not mix well. I tried licking the icky stuff out, but finally had to yelp and call attention. Luckily, a 50/50 solution of vinegar and warm water did the trick. M thinks it might have been some tar I picked up on our walk at the beach when we went to Laguna Beach.

I was back to running around the yard in no time at all. However, I have found that if I give them "the look", I might garner a Triple Ginger Cookie (from Trader Joe's) and a tummy rub.

I also met some new friends this past week. Two ducks have decided to have fun playing in the pool. They splash and quack and are quite a spectacle to bark at! I felt like Wyle E. Coyote when they dive-bombed from above. All I could think was "IN-COMING! as they flapped and proceeded to plop right into the deep end. Needless to say, I darted for cover under the fig tree.

Being a little fearful of webbed creatures, I haven't yet introduced myself. Perhaps I'll be a brave pup next week.

Bark at you later,
PJ the dog blogging dog ;-P

0 comments: