Tuesday, March 23, 2004

Friends & Family


As a dog, I often find myself wondering about humans. Why don't they communicate like dogs? When I say "Hello" to my buddy Mocha or Lil Bit--I do so with gusto. I kiss and hug 'em and jump all about. I am excited to be in their company. I whine when I haven't seen them for awhile.

So, I was thinking about how some humans don't do so well in the communication department. M and M are an exception. They have taught me well. They tell me and show me they love me everyday. They hug me at every chance. Even if they are super busy painting, they take time to play with me. They make the time because they love me so darn much. It's what life is about--love.

Ok, so here's the doggie advice from me to you. Tell your best friend how much they mean to you. Go on. Do it now. Call your Grandma and Grandpa or Mom and Dad, and let them know how much you love them. Let them know now. I'm not being bossy--it's just good common doggie advice that I hope someone will take.

You see, I can't call my Grandpa. His ashes have been scattered to the wind. I can't rush over and get a big hug from him anymore. But, luckily, I told him how much I loved him and did so often. When he was gone, I knew he knew how much I loved him. I had told him many times. All the time.

So, since I can't call my Grandpa, please call yours for me. Even if it's long distance, even if you rarely talk, even if it's late or too early...let your Grandpa know how much you love him.

Just make the time. It's amazing how fast it goes...

Bark at you later,
PJ the dog blogging dog.

0 comments: