Friday, December 23, 2005

Christmas 2005


Disneyland MainStreet Christmas Tree 2005

Can you believe tomorrow is Christmas Eve?

I've been a sick dog all this past week. Though that's not quite an excuse, it does explain the absence of blog entries. A sniffling dog without the energy to bark is no fun at all.

Ok, so what's up? Well, we have a lot going on behind the scenes. :-) I'll wait until after the New Year for the big news. It's not HUGE big but it's big big. Ya know?

Swell. So, then I'm hearing HAPPY HOLIDAYS. In advertising: Wal-Mart, Target, etc.. It's gotten quite ridiculous. The absence of Christmas also finds it's way to packaging: Christmas Lights are now holiday lights, a Christmas tree is now a holiday tree, and those aren't Christmas Candles...no, that's a holiday display of holiday candles.

Give me a dog gone break! So, the baby Jesus with Mary and Joseph, am I to assume that is now a "Holiday" Display? I wonder how many realize the word holiday is derived from the word holy. Ha ha!

Oh wait, there are no nativity displays because that would offend some people. Grr. Ok, so school breaks for Christmas are now referred to as "Winter Recess." You guessed it, using the word Christmas might offend some people. I've even caught myself almost saying the offending greeting--but luckily, I did catch myself and barked (in a nice way!) the appropriate MERRY CHRISTMAS.

Then cards this year. I think the card world decided Happy Holidays was a little too religious. So, the majority of cards had about 75% with the apathetic "Seasons Greetings." Ok, so it's not that bad. But, in some ways it is...

I love Christmas. I'm tired of people bashing it and trying to erase what this country was built on. I'm sorry but it has worked since 1776, so why the sudden need to change?

I'm at a loss as to what to say. This dog loves walking the neighborhood and looking at Christmas lights. It's breathtaking. Magical and nostalgic.

So, here's what I've done: I've hung my CHRISTMAS ornaments on my CHRISTMAS tree with CHRISTMAS lights, sent out my CHRISTMAS cards saying MERRY CHRISTMAS with CHRISTMAS stamps, greet everyone with a MERRY CHRISTMAS, and hope I can spread some CHRISTMAS cheer.

Merry Christmas to all...

Bark at you later,
PJ the CHRISTMAS loving dog blogging dog!

0 comments: