Tuesday, June 6, 2006

June 6, 2006 or 06-06-06


Photo of D-Day 1944 War
Well, I've sure heard a lot about today. The date. The Omen Remake. Blah blah blah. I only wish I could pick up a nifty shirt in doggie size with the date written in white on a black background. Pretty cool.

Ah, but the catch is that very few are even mentioning the real significance of the date 6-6-06. I did hear a brief discussion on some news station, but the emphasis is on brief.

Today marks the anniversary of D-Day. June 6th, 1944 is the day the Battle of Normandy began during WW11.

So, as much as the media would like us to believe that today is about some unnecessary remake of a classic horror flick ( Oh, don't get me started on remakes!) because Hollywood would rather remake a classic than pay a writer for an actual original screenplay...

I'd much rather honor the anniversary of D-Day and all the lives lost so a doggie like me can be free and be proud to be an American. Thank-you to those who fought, to those who fight, and to those who we'll never forget.

God Bless America!

Bark at you later,
PJ the dog blogging dog :-)

0 comments: