Wednesday, July 12, 2006

My Doggie "Peace" of the Week!


bumper sticker saying peace begins with me

And here I thought today was just another do da day! Nope, not in the least. I got to go for a very enjoyable car ride in a spiffy black convertible (circa 1950 something!) and I had a wonderful time with the wind whipping through my freshly washed fur!

But the best part was an unusual observance that occurred late in the ride (after a little stop for mmm mmm coffee!).

Being the literary dog I am, I enjoy reading the bumper stickers on cars. So, I read the above bumper sticker, "Let Peace Begin With Me," on a small silver Honda in front of us at a red light. Then, the light turns and up at the next light (which has a left turn onto the highway), a truck cuts from on the right of us and then behind the Honda and into the left turn to the highway on ramp.

Well, no biggie, right? Wrong! In a split second, before I can lick my chops (which tasted a lot like $3.49/gal gas), I saw the Honda dude roll down his driver side window and...well, he made a universal bird gesture.

Oh my! I'm wondering now... Is that what he meant by "Peace begins with me"? Made me laugh so hard, I almost swallowed another bee. And so, if you happen to catch a glimpse of Mr Honda guy with the Peace bumper sticker, take heed and drive with caution.

Maybe I'm now an official "bird watcher", ya think?

Bark at you later,
PJ the dog blogging dog :-)

0 comments: