Saturday, July 22, 2006

Sad but Happy News?


A photo of the oldest known Crow named Tata

In sad news, Tata has passed away at the age of 59. But, to live that long is pretty neat for a Crow! Tata may have not been able to fly, but he sounds like he had other gifts to bestow over the years.

I've known a few Crows and they are quite friendly. I used to have a little buddy who liked whole peanuts in their shell. He'd toss the shells down the roof and they'd slide into our yard. Kind of a game between him and I. Although a little timid at first, he introduced himself as Sir Wilbur one day when I was strolling near. And so it began.

We played the peanut game every couple of days for about three years on and off. Then, on a Tuesday in November 2004, he said he needed to stretch his wings.

It's been awhile Sir Wilbur. I miss fetching the peanut shells from the garden.

So, here's to Tata, Thank-you for reminding me of my dear old friend.

Bark at you later,
PJ the dog blogging dog :-P

0 comments: