Saturday, August 29, 2009

Hot Weather + Dog = Hot Dog!


Yes, it's been hot here in Southern California. I've been sleeping on cold marble tile, sipping ice cold water, and eating ice chips to stay cool. Needless to say, I am covered in fur and do not appreciate the hot 100ºF weather right now.

My paws! Mocha and I don't like the sidewalks when it's so hot. Have you felt how burning hot cement gets? Well, try four paws on the sidewalk griddle. It hurts, I tell ya.

My favorite napping place, beneath the lemon tree, is too hot right now. Even the visiting bunnies and cream cat we've nicknamed Marmalade, won't rest there right now.

Popsicles wear my tongue out! I lick and lick the lemonade frozen yumminess on a stick, and I'm dog tired afterwards.

So, for now, Mocha and I are sticking to the grass for our walks, drinking lots of cold water, and taking an afternoon swim with Matt.

Stay cool and drink lots of water!

Bark at you later,
PJ the dog blogging dog :-)

1 comments:

PragmaticMom | 11:09 AM

My vet gave me great advice on Warm Weather Safety Tips for Pets that I just posted on here http://www.pragmaticmom.com/?p=18331

I hope your readers find it useful.