Sunday, March 30, 2008

The Resting Place of Animal Companions


I recently watched a show featuring a really wonderful place. The Los Angeles Pet Memorial Park in Calabasas, California. Maybe you've seen their sign on the hill as you drive on the Ventura Freeway?

Sure, pet loss is not something people like to talk about. However, as a doggie, I've got to say that I feel I'm part of my family. I'm not a pet, I'm a family member. I'm loved so much (ok, I admit, I'm spoiled) and I'm included in all the family photos. It's nice knowing that over 40,000 other families feel the same about their animal family members too.

Just like any cemetery, there are some celebrity animals buried there too. "Petey" the dog from The Little Rascals has a burial spot under a lovely tree. "Topper" the horse from Hopalong Cassidy is also buried in this cemetery.

Actually, every animal buried there is a star. Each family animal won the starring role as a member in someone's family.

The really neat part about this cemetery is that most grave markers had fresh flowers on top. How wonderful to be loved so much.

So, Thank-you to those who look over the graves of beloved animal companions.

Bark at you later,
PJ the dog blogging dog

1 comments:

marsha | 1:23 AM

i think that is truly beautiful, being looked after even after you've passed on. it's so touching. :)