Saturday, September 17, 2005

Photoshop, Preferences, and Tiger, Oh my!


Have you ever had one of those weeks?

This week has been that kind of week. The kind I wouldn't want to repeat.

First, I was so excited about upgrading to Tiger on Mac. Being a dog, I give Tiger 4 paws up! Is it me or do the photos in iPhoto 5.0 seem crisper? It was a bit of a learning curve to archive & install. I read every article I could over at the Apple Forums . I read posts at MacRumors too. Preparation is always a good thing.

So, after making a bootable back-up (dogs can be cautious too, you know), I then did an Archive & Install.

However, the problems didn't creep up for a few days. I was too busy updating all the software updates through Apple. Then, I was having fun with GarageBand, iPhoto, and Dashboard Widgets. Boy, are the widgets addictive.

Anyway, I went to use a printer and surprise surprise (Gomer Pyle voice barking in my head), the printer didn't work. Ok, update those drivers for *every* single thing. Only one teensy problem, most of my printers are over a year old. Guess what? Those manufacturers don't like updating drivers. So, I had to cherry pick through the old driver downloads and make them work with Tiger. Keep those paws crossed.

Ok, drivers are just a pain. So, needless to say, I was tired.

But then the real whammy happens. Photoshop.

Have you ever seen plist files? Well, welcome to plist files under Tiger and Photoshop CS.

I won't go into the gory details (because I'm a friendly Mac loving dog), but boy-oh-boy did I wonder what I was going to do in a world without Photoshop in my life everyday.

A few sleepless nights later, and too many cups of butterscotch coffee to keep track of...

I finally slept last night. Curled up on my doggie bed and dreaming of preference files.

Anyway, am I boring you? I shall be back to archiving the old blog posts as soon as I've had a few naps under the fig tree and eaten a few too many peanut butter dog biscuits. Yum.

Bark at you later,
PJ the dog blogging dog.

0 comments: