Friday, October 7, 2005

Are you a Scooby or Worry Wort ?


Here's the scenario:

I have a final coming up in Organic Chemistry. Now, for whatever reason, I find it necessary to clean-up and organize the following: my handwritten lecture notes (sometimes I even rewrite them), my folders, notebooks, and handouts are rearranged, my desk at home is tidied up and reorganized for better productivity and I'll also most likely clean around the area I will be studying at.

Is this weird ? It's like I have to de-clutter my surroundings and my study tools (notes, desk, etc.) as a means to clearing my mind and making way for the boat load of information I will cram inside my doggie head.

Now, I find myself doing the same when I start any new project. I think it comes down to me being a freak. Yes, I said it. I'm a doggie freak in the dog world.

I have come to the conclusion that there are two types of dogs in this world. The first type of dog I like to think of as the scrappy fur-flying Scooby, who will impulsively buy a Plasma Screen at 3 o'clock on a Sunday afternoon and not a worry will pass over their fur. In fact, they will pass on the extended warranty because they have never needed one.

Then, there is the second type of dog, a dog who obsesses over what by-products are in his/her/its dogfood and is often an incurable Worry Wort. This dog will research all the different types of TV's available (analog, digital, tube, high definition, plasma, LCD screen--yikes!), compare prices at different online venues and offline real world places, read review after review (at places like epinions, amazon, etc.) until those big doggie eyes are bleary, and finally will make a chart (with a ruler of course) of features among the top five or so models before finally making a choice 3-4 weeks later.

I'm guessing the second type of dog also reorganized his/her/its notebooks of reviews and prices during those 3-4 weeks too.

Oh, to be a freak. Aroooooooooo!

Bark at you later,
PJ the dog blogging dog.

1 comments:

freethoughtguy | 5:15 PM

Yo Dog, nice blog.