Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Birds on My Brain


So, I had an idea for M and she ran with it. I mean, I'm all paws, so it's a bit hard for me to execute the type of art I'd like to at times.

First, I had the idea of a retro-vintage-aged scrapbook page. I really like the aged look, mixed with faux textures and yummy geometric circles forming a subtle background. I also like fonts and lettering. I like how letters look when they are all jumbled up and bit wonky on the page. I suppose that's from watching too many Lifetime movies with ransom notes made from cut-up letters from magazines. Then again, there is something appealing about not being matchy-matchy all the time. Or maybe I'm just a tad wonky and so two wonks make a wight? :-)

The bird came from an original illustration by M. In fact, the patterns/textures are all original and created by M.

Here's the final result:



And just a little preview of what we'll be listing tomorrow:



Bark at you later,
PJ the dog blogging dog :-P

0 comments: