Friday, November 9, 2007

Insomnia Sketching




The other day M happened to have read a little story about "The Library Policeman." "The Library Policeman" is one of four novellas in King's collection of stories from Four Past Midnight. Now, I believe two ("The Langoliers" and "Secret Garden") have been made into movies. The latter starring Johhny Depp and a most delicious (butter? would you like some butter with your corn?) ending.

I digress. Anyhoo, the other day M reread "The Library Policeman" and proceeded to fall asleep. Well, so M thought. Instead M had a nightmare about a psycho killer librarian. M awoke to find myself in a pitch black room and wide awake. I mean the kind of alertness that usually escapes M until she's had four cups of hot steaming coffee. M could see clearly that the clock read 2am or so in the morning. What to do? Well, grab a sketch pad and doodle.

M awoke in the morning to find the above sketch (well, there are two more of a ghastly bride and groom). So, somewhere after sketching and before waking, M must have fallen back asleep. Luckily, no library books were involved.

I, on the other paw, found one of the four sketches and disposed of it in a very shred happy moment. M didn't know this until now. Tsk tsk on me. I'm a bad doggie. But sometimes a sketch is too scary, even for me.

Bark at you later,
PJ the dog blogging dog :-)

1 comments:

marsha | 1:43 AM

hahahaha....i totally agree .... it's got that queen of the undead look going on! :D