Monday, December 10, 2007

A Little Rusty in The Outer Zone


I watched the Tinman. Hmm, it's a very hard mini series to describe. I liked the characters of DG, Mr. Cane, Azkadellia, Glitch, The Mystic Man, and Raw.

This series is a dark take on The Wizard of Oz. A world where the Yellow Brick Road is broken and known as "the old road" to oldtimers in The Outer Zone or OZ. I enjoyed the darkness and the story of DG as a young girl. The realm was a little too out there. Mr. Cane is just great. I love his character and the actor who played him.

Overall, I was pleased that I watched the series. The retelling made for a kind of bizarro Oz world. The monkeys alone are a trip.

If you like Tim Burton (I do!), enjoy The Twilight Zone and have a passion for Bladerunner, then this movie will be up your alley. It's just weird enough to make me want to watch the whole series again to catch the homages I missed the first time around.

My only disappointment was the ending, which I won't spoil. Let's just say the editing felt like a snip instead of a fade.

Bark at you later,
PJ the dog blogging dog :-)

0 comments: