Monday, June 2, 2008

Crazy Like a Cat




Sometimes M is working on so many projects (right now it's three brooches, four paintings, two shelfurrs, a couple of linocuts, commissions, graphics, and another icon set) that M looks a bit, well, wonky at the end of the day.

When I say M looks like a crazy cat, I mean M lost track of time and forgot about the coffee she'd heated up three times before 1pm. The focus is there and I'm loving every minute of watching M in what I call the "crazy cat" zone.

That feeling of being so wonky always reminds me of this cat. One day M had hurried off to a chemistry class and in the middle of the street was a cat. Not just any cat, the very same cat that had been sitting in the driveway the day before. The cat sat in the middle of the street and would not budge. Now, this certain rag muffin cat had a habit of being a bit feisty toward us dogs and a little woo-hoo in the head (you can't see this but I'm twirling my paw next to me head). I had a ring side seat at the livingroom window. This cat just would not move at all for like a good three minutes. Mind you, I'm a stubborn dog, but even I wouldn't stare down a car in the street.

So, as M passed by, the cat, now sitting in the driveway, gave a good hiss my way. The cat then proceeded to walk over and sit in the bed of violets outside the window where I was resting on the window seat. Darned if the psycho cat didn't sit and stare at me with a tongue hanging out to the side.

I finally couldn't stand it and hopped off the window seat and went into another room. It kinda reminded me of opening the window and having some white masked figure with his face mushed against the glass. Freaked me out. I don't like feeling like I'm in a horror flick.

So now whenever M is in the zone, I'm always reminded of that particular cat.

Bark at you later,
PJ the dog blogging dog :-)

0 comments: