Thursday, May 22, 2008

All Things Dog, Even Licorice?




I admit, I love to indulge in a bit of licorice now and then. Last year, at my local Trader Joe's, a clear box of licorice caught my eye. I couldn't believe that someone somewhere had made what could only be the cutest licorice shape ever-little black Scottish Terrier Dog shaped licorice pieces.

Now I may be a dog, but I don't consider it cannibalism to eat these little guys. After all, I eat animal crackers too. Plus, mmm, dog shaped licorice must taste awful good. And guess what? This licorice is delicious. Soft enough and chewy with a strong taste that evokes memories of rootbeer and anise stars.

Yum.

I'd say the only better way to eat licorice would be if I could ever get my hands on a gun-shaped licorice piece that I once saw in an old rerun of Little House on the Prairie. Laura and her pal decide they're going to rob the Walnut Grove Bank and they use, you guessed it, licorice guns. The only problem? Well, temptation wins out because who could resist that much licorice? :-)

Bark at you later,
PJ the dog blogging dog

0 comments: