Monday, January 7, 2008

I Can't Speak Crow (Yet), But Maybe I Can Speak Riley!




Riley cracks me up! I'm not sure what's funnier, watching him or him laughing at himself. Lol.

Now I may have mentioned how much I love watching birds. Birds enthrall me. They can fly for goodness sakes! I'm a dog and sometimes I wish I could fly up in those fluffy mounds of cotton clouds. I wish I could soar, wings as wide as an oak branch, across the cyan skies on a windy day. Often I wonder how it feels to have the wind gust under my fur, err, feathers as I jet out across the Pacific and turn around over Catalina Island. To see an orange sherbert sunset from above as I cross the deep blue sea and maybe find myself watching the stars twinkle from above. Maybe I could touch the meteors as they flit past in August.

Oh, how I'd love to sing sweet melodies under a harvest moon. Well, I can howl, ok, and I guess that's almost the same. But still, there's something so beautiful about birds.

That's why hearing Riley talk is so special. Perhaps I can talk to an Eclectus Bird locally and ask him or her all the questions I've been eager to learn the answers to about birds. Like, do they really like unheated bird baths? Are they fond of fancy birdhouses? Oh, and what's with the dive bombing of dogs, eh? :-)

In the words of Riley, "Tickle Tickle Tickle."

Bark at you later,
PJ the dog blogging dog :-)

0 comments: