Monday, January 28, 2008

Let There Be Snow in Orange County


Snow in Orange County is rare. I believe the last time was sometime in the 40's. Yikes. But this past weekend we had snow on Saddleback and check out this shot of our view over the weekend.

The snowcapped San Gabriel Mountains were pristine white with cyan blue skies overhead. I wish I'd had my camera with a polar lens that day. I was also at The District and drove past people who had pulled over to take photos of the mountains. It was so pretty that people pulled over on the freeway!

I'm a snow loving doggie and boy there's nothing better than sledding and sipping hot peppermint tea afterwards.

Bark at you later,
PJ the dog blogging dog :-)

1 comments:

Unknown | 11:28 PM

Actually I remember once when I was growing up in Mission Viejo back in either the late 70's or early 80's it snowed for just a few minutes. It only stuck for the time it was snowing but then went away. Now snow on Saddleback was an every winter thing and it was the one thing I really enjoyed about the winters there. Now I live up between Sacramento and Lake Tahoe and I have more snow then I know what to do with. LOL.